Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Spinach salad with warm bacon & shallot vinaigrette

In an effort to be semi health-conscious while blogging about bacon, tonight's post-gym meal was a big plate of spinach salad with warm bacon and shallot vinaigrette, topped with the traditional mushroom, red onion and hard boiled egg, plus some thinly sliced radish.


Spinach is probably one of my least favourite things to eat. I just don't get it. Texture is a big thing for me and quite frankly the texture of spinach oogs me out. Raw I find it spongy and squeaky against my teeth, cooked it feels like baby food, or like it's already been chewed for me, a la mama bird. Ew.

So to solve this problem, as not only does the bf love spinach, but I'm smart enough to know that I should eat it once in a while cause it's good for you (calcium, vitamins...yada yada) my solution is to pour warm bacon-y vinaigrette all over it!


After crisping the bacon, reserve a little fat and transfer to a clean pre-heated small pan, add finely chopped shallots and whisk in dijon, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper and some vegetable oil. Spoon over salad and eat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment