Sunday, November 7, 2010

Welcome to my kitchen



Anyone who knows me well knows that bacon is considered sacred in my household. Salty, smokey, crisp, and sometimes sweet, bacon is all things to this cook. It has been noted, more often that I care to admit, that my house smells like bacon at least 3 days a week. That's because whether it is as a garnish, artfully hidden in a sauce, or front and centre as the main ingredient, most of the time I'm trying, somehow, to work bacon into the dishes I make. I am a firm believer that bacon makes everything better.

This goes beyond my own kitchen too. I am not one to resist when I see that most succulent of ingredients on a menu. My reputation is such that I've had friends gift me with bacon-related presents, such as a bacon storage case (as if it ever lasts that long), bacon bandaids, a bacon air freshener (which did not do any justice to the intoxicating aroma of the real thing), and even a heavenly maple bacon cupcake.

My mission: to master bacon in all its iterations and honour the noble pig in all of my culinary endeavours... and try to hit the gym a couple of times along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment